The old haskovo clock tower
The Clock Tower of Haskovo was built in the early 19th century as a symbol of the town and the economic upswing. Somehow, in 1913 the City Council adopted a resolution to destroy it …
On September 8, 2012 the Mayor of Haskovo Municipality Georgi Ivanov turned the first sod for the restoration of the old clock tower. A year later, once again on the feast of the town – Nativity of Mary, Haskovo regains one of its symbols.
The restored clock tower rises 23 meters and is built of hewn stone from Uzundzhovo. On the top, there are three dials and electronic verification mechanism with GPS, and each hour a bell rings. A curious fact is that the bell in the tower is from the Whitechapel Foundry – the foundry that has produced the bell of Big Ben, the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, the bells of the Olympics in London and the bells for the Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II … The Whitechapel Foundry (est. in 1570) is listed in the Guinness World Records as the oldest in Great Britain.
The Old Clock Tower of Haskovo was entirely restored with donations.
ul. "Otets Paisiy" 15, 6300 Haskovo Center, Haskovo
+359 38 666 444
Paid Parking Zone
от Април до Септември
08:30 ч. – 20:30 ч.
от Октомври до Март
08:30 – 17:30 ч.